Set Up IPSec/L2TP on Android
- Launch the Settings application.
- Tap "Network & internet". Or, if using Android 7 or earlier, tap More... in the Wireless & networks section.
- Tap VPN.
- Tap Add VPN Profile or the + icon at top-right of screen.
- Enter anything you like in the Name field.
- Select L2TP/IPSec PSK in the Type drop-down menu.
- Enter Your VPN Server IP in the Server address field.
- Leave the L2TP secret field blank.
- Leave the IPSec identifier field blank.
- Enter Your VPN IPsec PSK in the IPSec pre-shared key field.
- Tap Save.
- Tap the new VPN connection.
- Enter Your VPN Username in the Username field.
- Enter Your VPN Password in the Password field.
- Check the Save account information checkbox.
- Tap Connect.
Once connected, you will see a VPN icon in the notification bar. You can verify that your traffic is being routed properly by looking up your IP addresse. It should say "Your public IP address is Your VPN Server IP".